If you noticed, there was recently a poll on the blog about your favorite cupcake flavors.
According to TLC Cooking, these are the 10 most popular cupcake flavors:
- Chocolate & Vanilla-- It's classic, simple, and has something for everyone.
- Red Velvet-- 'Nuff said
- Carrot Cake-- Vegetables in cupcake form? Oh yeah.
- Peanut Butter-- Why didn't I think of this combo??
- Lemon-- If life gives you lemons, make lemon cupcakes
- Chocolate-- a personal favorite
- Coffee-- One of the few times I love coffee
- Banana-- I love banana bread but never tried a banana cupcake
- Pumpkin-- one of my favorites
- Vanilla-- Booooring ;)
And according to my blog readers, these are the favorites:
- Chocolate/vanilla combo-- Surprise! But what do you like better: chocolate icing with vanilla cake, or vanilla icing with chocolate cake?
- Chocolate with chocolate frosting
- Vanilla with vanilla frosting-- apparently y'all aren't very adventurous with your favorite cupcakes. Chocolate...vanilla...chocolate...vanilla... But the people have spoken!
- Strawberry and Red Velvet tied for fourth
- German Chocolate, Lemon, and Banana are fifth
- Carrot Cake, Coffee, Coconut, and Peanut Butter all got one vote each for 6th place
Mostly I was just curious about what other people think of cupcakes. In my family it's pretty biased: the majority wants a chocolate cupcake, but there are strong contenders for lemon and vanilla.
However, depending on how things go, I might put this information to use when (if) I participate as a vendor in my town's annual arts & crafts fair. I want to sell cupcakes, cookies, and cake balls, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to, due to time constraints and the like. I'll be sure to keep y'all posted though!